Plain Grower PSA (Produce Safety Alliance) FSMA Training (Cancelled)
The trainers will spend approximately seven hours of instruction time covering content contained in these seven modules:
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Soil Amendments
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water (Part I: Production Water; Part II: Postharvest Water)
- Postharvest Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
Only growers who are covered by the FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirement are required to take the training.
The PSA Grower Training Course will satisfy the FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirement outlined in § 112.22(c) that requires ‘At least one supervisor or responsible party for your farm must have successfully completed food safety training at least equivalent to that received under standardized curriculum recognized as adequate by the Food and Drug Administration.’
Instructors will be: Sanja Ilic, Ph.D., Food Safety State Specialist, and Melanie Ivey, Ph.D., Fruit Pathology and Fresh Produce Safety Specialist, both are the OSU Fruit and Vegetable Team Leads. Other instructors will be announced at a later date.