The OSU Fruit and Vegetable Safety Team launched their new on-line course for Good Agricultural Practices this week. This self-paced on-line course provides produce growers with the knowledge and tools needed to implement best management practices to reduce microbial food safety hazards in vegetable and fruit operations. Participants will receive a certificate of participation after completing this course. The cost of the course is $50. To register for the course click here (go.osu.edu/gapscourse).
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess food safety risks and conduct risk assessments for their operation,
- Develop a food safety plan specific to their production practices,
- Understand the requirements surrounding the quality of nutrient solutions to ensure a safe crop,
- Implement best post-harvest handling practices for hydroponics,
- Design appropriate sanitation and cleaning protocols for hydroponic operations,
- Manage pests and animal intrusions in controlled environments,
- Develop best personnel health and hygiene policies, and
- Implement best storage practices and traceability.
If you have questions about the course, contact Ashley Kulhanek at email@example.com.